Four Filipino junior tankers kick-off their Asian Age Group Swimming Championships’ campaign today at the Padukone-Dravid Center for Sports Excellence in Bengaluru, India from September 24 to 27, 2019.
First to take the plunge for Team Philippines is Marcus Johannes De Kam in the 200m Freestyle 14 & Under preliminary event, swimming in Lane 5 of Heat 2; followed by Jalil Sephraim Taguinod in the 100m Breast event prelims, in the Boys 14 & Under category, swimming in Lane 5 of Heat 2.
Philippine swimming junior national record holder Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh will then see action in the Girls 200m IM event (Lane 2 of Heat 1), while Mishka Sy will end our campaign on day one, swimming in the Girls 50m Backstroke event (Lane 5 of Heat 1); with both girls also swimming in the 14 & Under category.
Morning prelims start at 9:00am India Time (11:30am Manila Time), while finals will start at 6:00pm which is 8:30pm Manila time.
Only top 8 swimmers in the prelims will advance to the Finals.
Below are the rest of the schedules of our tankers who are all swimming in the 14 & Under Category (C) :
Day 2 : September 25, 2019
– Boys 50m Breast : Jalil Taguinod
– Girls 50m Breast : Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh
– Girls 200m Fly : Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh
– Boys 50m Free : Marcus Johannes De Kam
Day 3 : September 26, 2019
– Boys 100m Free : Marcus Johannes De Kam
– Girls 200m Back : Mishka Sy
– Girls 100m Fly : Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh
– Boys 200m Free : Marcus Johannes De Kam
Day 4 : September 27, 2019
– Girls 100m Back : Mishka Sy
– Girls 50m Fly : Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh
– Boys 200m Breast : Jalil Sephraim Taguinod
The Philippine Swimming team in India is being mentored by coaches Miguel Ibazeta and Erica Kristy Lucang.
Tough task ahead for our team this year in India, as our country went home with 3 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals in the 9th edition of the games in Uzbekistan two years ago.