Please find below important information relating to the athletes’ participation in SWIMMING competitions at the 16th FINA World Championships to be held in Kazan (RUS) on July 24 – August 9, 2015.
As it was done for previous FINA World Championships, a qualifying procedure with “A” and “B” standard times will be implemented for Kazan 2015.
1. FINA “A” & “B” SWIMMING QUALIFYING TIME STANDARDS
If a National Federation enters only one (1) swimmer per event, all swimmers entered must meet the qualifying “B” standard time.
If two (2) swimmers are entered in the same event, both of them must meet the qualifying “A” standard time.
Federations may enter swimmers regardless of standard time as follows:
– having no swimmer qualified: two (2) men and two (2) women;
– having one (1) or two (2) swimmers qualified, additional swimmers up to a maximum of four (4) swimmers (two (2) men and two (2) women);
– having three (3) swimmers qualified, one (1) additional swimmer provided that both gender are represented.
*Note: Please refer to FINA Rules below
Swimmers entered without qualifying time must have participated in the National Championships of the Federation or in a FINA approved qualifying event. These swimmers will be allowed to enter in two (2) different events each, but they cannot swim in the same event, p.a. 50m Freestyle.
Gender Relays: 4x100m Freestyle, 4x200m Freestyle, 4 x 100m Medley – Men & Women – One (1) Relay per Federation
Mixed Relays: 4×100 m Freestyle, 4x100m Medley – One (1) Relay per Federation
2. QUALIFYING PERIOD
The swimming qualifying time standards must be obtained at any of the competitions specified below during the following period:
Qualification period: 01 March 2014 – 19 July 2015
3. QUALIFYING EVENTS:
– Continental Championships 2014 and 2015
– International Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
– National Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
FINA will only accept entry times which have been achieved at competitions officially approved by FINA.
4. APPLICATION FOR QUALIFYING EVENTS
If your Federation will organise an International Competition or a National Qualifying Meet where the swimmers could achieve the FINA “A” and “B” Qualifying Standard Times, please fill out the attached “Application Form” and return it to the FINA Office in Lausanne (SUI) as soon as possible taking into account the following:
– Competitions held between 1st March 2014 and 31st December 2014 should be approved before they take place;
– Competitions held in 2015 should be approved by FINA no later than 31st December 2014. NO APPLICATION FOR A NATIONAL AND/OR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION WILL BE CONSIDERED AFTER 31st DECEMBER 2014.
We would like to draw your attention to the following:
– it is very important to indicate on the “Application Form” the INFORMATION ON THE TIMING SYSTEM to be used at the competitions to be organised by the National Federations where the swimmers could achieve the FINA “A” and “B” Qualifying Standard Times.
– FINA will only recognise the swimming competitions where Referees and Starters included on the FINA Swimming Officials Lists No. 16 and No. 17 are officiating for competitions held in 2014 and FINA Swimming Officials Lists No. 17 and No. 18 for competitions held in 2015.
– In order for FINA to endorse the Swimming Qualifying Time Standards achieved at approved competitions, the National Federation / Organiser must send to the FINA Office in Lausanne (SUI) the official results in an electronic file (either Lenex or Hy-Tek cl2/sdif) IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE COMPETITION.